Qualitative Research Assistant
Program description; This program is a collaboration between COPIA KENYA and WALACO AFRICA LTD. to assist the marketing research for COPIA in understanding what products (SKUs), brands flow from Kenya into Uganda and pricing of those goods in Uganda in the different channels. It is in this mandate that the program is seeking a highly motivated and pro-active individual to fill in the following vacancy of a qualitative research assistant.
- Diploma/Degree in the Social Sciences,
- Prior work experience conducting qualitative interviews strongly preferred
- Competent with computer software applications including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and web-based applications (Skype); experience with qualitative data management software NVivo and others an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to maintain frequent contact using a cell phone, email, and internet-based phone (i.e. Skype).
- Ability to monitor, gather and evaluate the information of broad scope and complexity
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English, Kiswahili.
- Interest in working in an innovative and demanding environment, with extensive travel within Busia border and Malaba border.
- High level financial and data integrity
- Strong writing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated competence in managing administrative records.
- Those located in Busia town and Malaba town will be given first priority.
- Ensures smooth progression of data collection, data management, coding and data analysis, and write-up of results.
- Serves as the qualitative interviewer and focus group facilitator for the study,
- Carries out participant observation exercises
- Responsible for ensuring informed consent procedures and other ethical standards for the study are followed.
How to Apply
Send an application to